 Off-Topic / Debate / 9843
Re: Geology from Outer Space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 05:46:02 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ryan Farrington writes:
<much snippage>
(1)  Frazier, K., 1982.  _Our Turbulent Sun_, Prentice-Hall, Englewood
Cliffs, New Jersey, pages 74-83 (Chapter 3: The Shrinking Sun).

(2)  They reported their findings here: Sophia, S., O'Keefe, J., Lesh, J.R.
and Endal, A.S., 1979.  "Solar constant: constraints on possible variations
derived from solar diameter measurements." _Science_, vol. 204, pages
1306-1308

(3)  Gentry, R.V. "Radioactive Halos," _Annual Review of Nuclear Science_
23 (1973): pages 347-362.
Gentry, R.V. "Radioactive Halos in a Radiochronological and Cosmological
Perspective," _Science_ 184 (1974): pages 62-66.
Current research is also underway to seek a better understanding of this
phenomenon.

I'm not going to take on the geological arguments, but I'll have a go at the
biology if you like. I'm delighted to see references to scientific journals,
which is as far as I know a first for a Creationist in this forum. Bravo Ryan!

--DaveL