 Off-Topic / Debate / 9690
Re: Does God have a name for God?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 18:11:12 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Robert Bevens writes:
On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:11:22 GMT, "Bruce Schlickbernd"
<corsair@schlickbernd.org> wrote:

The truth can also be found in the Bible, not merely on my website.

Probably, but then we wouldn't get to read your insightful
interpretations of it, now would we?

If it bothers you, don't read it.

Why are you telling me this?

Read your comments previous to mine above.

I did, I still don't see your point.  I wasn't being sarcastic at that
point you know...

Liar, liar, pants on fire...

I don't see what's wrong with expressing
oneself on their own website.

I don't either...when exactly was that an issue?

Same again.  If you feel you have to sneer at his website, don't bother with
it.  Just advice.  Feel free to ignore it.

But I like his colorful interpretation of the bible, it provided me
with much humor this morning.

Wait, you just said you weren't being sarcastic at that point.  At least
keep your story straight.

Cogito, ergo sum.

Okay, okay, all the Latin is just getting annoying now.

I think, therefore I am.  Not applicable to all, I'm afraid.  Or, as I say:
If God wanted me to think, he would have given me a brain.  (usually unsaid
but implied, "...given me a brain capable of doing so.")

I love it when people think the ablity to think grants them some
special enlightened state.  Just because you can think doesn't
necesarily imply that you exist.  I think, therefore I think, nothing
more.

Or so you think.

Therefore, mankind, in pride, also exalts himself, ignoring God and the
truth.

And so you're like what, the only non-sinner, righteous, d00d on the
planet?

There are many different levels of pride, some destructive, some
constructive.  Wisdom is telling the difference (that's a comment aimed at
both of you).

Maybe wisdom is not being able to tell the difference.  Perhaps you're
wrong, ever think about that?

Latin makes your bain hurt?  Let's go Greek: mere sophistries.

It's all Greek to me.  : )

Okay, plausible but specious form of argumentation (or, more bluntly, a load
of bull).

Naw, you just enjoy being flippant and think yourself clever for it.

Let's keep you thinking that way...it flatters me.

You already proved my point, now you are just being redundant.  :-)

This
kind of humor doesn't always come off well in the written word with a bunch
of people you don't know, or don't know you.  It's something that works
better face-to-face in the real world.

Maybe some people should consider me a lesson in growing thicker skin?

At appears some people consider you an example of someone lacking social
skills (see "nerd" under the thread about the distinction between geeks and
nerds).  You may wish to reconsider what I wrote above about humor - I note
that I'm not the only one saying this.  Hey, but if you want some more rope,
knock yourself out...

Bruce