 Off-Topic / Debate / 9673
Re: Does God have a name for God?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:11:26 GMT

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:57:40 GMT, "Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com>
wrote:

At one point in time almost every "expert" in the world believed the world
was flat...something to think about.

When was this mythical period, precisely?  Do you have a citation to share
with us?

Dare I actually post links to philosophy throughout the ages?
Hmmm....perhaps some other time.  Although if you'd like some insight
you need go no farther than some of the lesser developed countries.
Simply ask them if they think the world is round or flat, you might be
quite surprised.  Ever try explaining how to identify your location
with latitude and longitude to a person who thinks the world is flat?
YIY, now there's some fun.  o_O

And if you think you're going to drag me into a debate about evolution being a
religion you've got another thing coming ;-)

Well you can't really debate that.  I mean a religion is a set of
organized beliefs.  Believing you came about because of evolution is a
set of beliefs.  Therefore it can be considered a religion.

See the earlier million-post debate for why your statement is flatly
incorrect, or at least grossly inaccurate.

Oh I don't think I need to.  In all actuality what is a belief depends
on your...well....beliefs.  He, he, he...therefore it really goes
either way, there is no correct answer, that is the point.

I myself don't really believe in anything, and yet in my own perfect design
there are flaws, apparently I'm apart of a group of believers called
Nihilists.

Or a Postmodernist, if you really want to seem unrespectable.

There's still others that call me Malkavian, who am I to argue though.
I believe what I believe and what I believe is that there are many
beliefs, they may be true, they be false, but I don't presume to know
for certain either way.

Robert