 Off-Topic / Debate / 9644
Re: Does God have a name for God? (was: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 13:44:29 GMT

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:20:25 GMT, Jennifer Clark
<jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote:

But thats *human* religions!! What if God has It's own religion? What does It
call Its Grand Overseer??

If I knew the Latin for "who guards the guards?", I could sound really pretentious
here, but unfortunately I don't, therefore I shall have to sound pretentious
without the benefit of a dead language.

If I knew Latin I would sure have a lot of time on my hands...

However, the point is already made; God does not have its own religion or notion
of meta-deityism - God is the be all and end all, etc.

So do you know this for a fact because you are a God, or are you in
direct contact with some higher source of power?

I hasten to add that none of this implies that I have any belief in the divine

Then why presume to make assumptions about what it does and does not
believe in?

BTW, simply that this is the way Western religions tend to view these things.

Western religions?  LOL, that's funny.  At last check you can find
almost ANY religious practice in America.  Heck we got em all,
Buddhists, Christians, Nihilists, Wiccans, Hindus, Darwinists, etc,
etc, etc.  I mean really, try and name a single religion that isn't
practiced by at least one person in America.

Has anyone read Starmaker by Olaf Stapledon?

I once read Hank The Cow Dog...but then I guess that doesn't really
make me any more enlightened than you or the rest of the world...  : \

Robert