 Off-Topic / Debate / 9546
  Re: Plagarism in Fantasy Novels? (was Re: Harry Potter?)

(...) FWIW, the American Heritage Dictionary says the root for ogre is from the Latin orcus, god of the underworld...huh. Now I gotta dig up the resource where I got my idea, I vaguely remember this being mentioned. Cheers, - jsproat (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Plagarism in Fantasy Novels? (was Re: Harry Potter?)

(...) Yup, that seems to ring a bell. Anyway, the word "Orc" couldn't really be protected under trademark laws (at least in this country). Bruce (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)