 Off-Topic / Debate / 953
Re: Terms and Conditions Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 01:27:34 GMT

Carbon 60 wrote:

Homosexuality has been around since the beginning of man.  If it wasn't, why
was there a need to mention it in the bible (not that I belive in the it)?

OK why is the statement in the Bible going against it - there obviously
must be something wrong with it for such a statement to be made.

Oh?

I could cite other examples, but these should get the point across.
Homosexuality has always been with us.  In fact, it is only in this century
that it has been shunned by the so-called "christians".

Now why has it be shunned?

I don't know, but what about cultures where it wasn't considered abnormal?

They use God as a crutch to base their fears and ignorance.

Why not?  Everyone has to believe in something it helps the mind to
focus correctly and operate more efficiently.  There is nothing wrong

I believe in my perceptions...that helps my mind focus.

with religion - it gives people a conscience - the difference between

Bite me.  I have a conscience and no religion.

right and wrong which people forget these days - either that or believe
the entire universe just appeared from nowhere - I have no opinion on
the evolution/big bang subject.

I don't believe you.

Because they don't have a choice.  Living a so-called "normal" life for a
homosexual is totally abnormal.  It is a falsehood to the homosexual and to
everyone that homosexual knows, meets, marries, etc.  Do you realize that the
highest rate of teenage suicide is teenage homosexuals trying to adopt a
"normal" life and not fitting in?  Not knowing what to do?  Fear of being
disowned by their parents, friends and everyone they love.  Fearing for their
own uncertain future as a homosexual because of the rampant discrimination they
see from their familys and others around them towards homosexuals.

It's their fault for being a freak and not getting help.  People are
bullied - it's a thing of life but if someone deliberately goes out of
their way to get bullied it's their fault.

What kind of help?  There is no cure.  What an unbelievable statement.

*** THIS DISCUSSION HAS NOW BEEN TERMINATED ***
*** SEE REPLY TO JAMES BROWN'S POST ***

Wow!

--
Sincerely,