 Off-Topic / Debate / 9519
Re: Todd and Eric's attitude (was Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 18:52:36 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Eric Joslin writes:
What evidence? I would LOVE to see what evidence you have or had.

The tone and vocabulary of every post you make.  As you said elsewhere, that's
the only evidence I have of anything about you, and it strongly indicated to >me that you were not an adult.

Ah, that is where you are mistaken. Here,
http://news.lugnet.com/legoland/?n=144 that may jog your memory. If I am a
13-year-old, then I was 7 hen i had a son - now that would have been
something. You can not judge somebody by words they use, I think Scott
Chambers put it best here:
in adnim.nntp 652
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/nntp/?n=652
"He could have very easily reacted differently when Eric took the personal
shot at him (and yes, it was a personal attack). From what I can tell, you
stated that you thought he was a thirteen year old because he used the word
"lamest". Mark is from the Southern California region, and so am I - and I
can tell you that word is widley used by all age groups here in Southern
California. Now from what I can tell, you are from somewhere back east - you
must not use that word out where you live. But to assume Mark is a thirteen
year old because of this is strange."
And there is no tone in a written word, you can read something anyway you
feel is correct, you could say "forget you man" an have 5 different people
take it in 5 different tones. Understand?

Which, BTW, is not an insult.
I take this as an insult: "Spoken, truly, like someone who has no idea how
the Real World works. Sometimes I forget that not everyone on Lugnet is an
adult. eric" If it was not meant as an insult you have a strange way in
talking to people. maybe you should apoligize that I took it as an insult.
Sometimes grown people say they are sorry if somebody took something in a
certian way, even if it was not meant that way.

Beleive it or not, there are plenty of people
that aren't adults that I like and have respect for.

Same here, my son is one of them.
eric

With that, I point you to this:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/nntp/?n=655