 Off-Topic / Debate / 9198
  Re: Essay on Emerson vs. Thoreau; civil disobedience

(...) think. :-) (...) Good question. I freely admit I may be digging myself a hole here. And judging morality of individuals, in general, isn't what I want to do. Especially as it relates to victimless crimes, etc. Recall that I've said in the past (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Essay on Emerson vs. Thoreau; civil disobedience

(...) Let's modify it a bit: I come over to your house taking donations for the home for wayward boys. You ask about my morals. Now I say I plan to teach them the ways of Christ and bring them up as devout Christians. How much money do you give? (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Essay on Emerson vs. Thoreau; civil disobedience

(...) Larry listens to RUSH? That's a shock ;-) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Essay on Emerson vs. Thoreau; civil disobedience

(...) Then we agree about (IMHO) the really important part - judging actions not intent. I highly suspect what we're debating for the rest of it is fluff and semantics. <snip examples> (...) Good examples, and a solid case for the relevance of (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Essay on Emerson vs. Thoreau; civil disobedience

(...) You're kidding, right? Read the liner notes on the 2112 album. :-) ++Lar (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)