 Off-Topic / Debate / 9038
Re: Chaotic Systems... (was: Re: Problems with Christianity and Darwinism)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:06:23 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Guy Albertelli writes:
I still think you are seeing patterns you find interesting.

When I buy a lottery ticket I always get "1 2 3 4 5 6"

And I'd argue that that's JUST as likely as any other combination of
numbers, accepting that each lottery number is as equally likely to appear
as the next. Hence, you're fine.

If the UK lottery usage is anything to go by, I would avoid those numbers. I
am sure I am right in saying it is the most common combination selected.
If/when you win, you will have to share it with a lot of other players!

That said, the combination 1, 2, 3 has never appeared in the UK.

Scott A