 Off-Topic / Debate / 8838
    Re: Lets keep politics out of Lego —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) So what, exactly then, is your doctorate in? Undifferentiated Civil Engineering, or some subspecialty? In the US there often (but not always) is differentiation within the degree. For instance my BS is in Computer Science with a minor in (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Lets keep politics out of Lego —Scott Arthur
   (...) The way the UK system works means that a PhD means one researches a very narrow field - a doctorate in "Computer Science" just does not exist here. (...) The main difference between the UK and USA is that here we have no real taught component (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)