 Off-Topic / Debate / 8790
Re: Problems with Christianity and Darwinism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:53:42 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:

I'll take your billions and even trillions of stars against my 10^50 any day.
You see, you're talking 10^12 vs 10^50 -it's soooo far off it's laughable.

  You likewise seem fairly well-intentioned, and I agree that 10^50 is more
stars than I can hold in my hand at once.  However, the Drake equation (I
remembered its name at last!) addresses the likelihood of life, and it often
(depending on the variables one chooses) yields substantially higher
probability than you're quoting.

     Dave!