 Off-Topic / Debate / 8776
    Re: Problems with Christianity and Darwinism —David Eaton
   (...) The issue that I'm bringing up elsewhere is in faith of perception. Not in the scientific method, per se, but with the data it examines being based on faith-- as for a SPECIFIC post... I dunno... if you've read them all (and the new ones since (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Problems with Christianity and Darwinism —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) See above: I don't always agree with a scientist's findings. So, no, I didn't take it on faith. And there were a fair number of creditable scientists that confirmed the cold fusion experiment (the problem not being the results, but the test (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Problems with Christianity and Darwinism —David Eaton
   (...) So-- you're basically saying that experiments quoted in Scientific American are very likely to be accurate, yes? Ok, to me, that's faith. You have faith in the fact that Scientific American's experiments are usually valid. Why do I call it (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)