 Off-Topic / Debate / 8737
8736  |  8738
Subject:
Foam Airplane Design?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 06:48:36 GMT

  My small vehicles tech(SVT) teacher told us about our new project today.
He's not an exellent teacher so not even I know all the details but anyway;
  We've(my partner and I) got to design and build a airplane using a
PROVIDED old Lego 9V sized motor, 3-blade propeller, and 1 inch thick by
?unknown? size of foam.  The wingspan can be no more than 36 inches.  We
have to put wheels on it.  It needs to fly around a 'power pole' and not in
the wild blue sky.
  So, anyone have any good ideas or know what the best shape is.  Wing shape
would be helpful also, since there are so many variations on the 'flat
bottom- curved top:)  Thanks in advance.

Nathan Falslev
nfalslev@netscape.net
AIM: ExplorienCommand
www.go.to/explorien