 Off-Topic / Debate / 8733
Re: Theory vs. practice (was Re: Polyamory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:31:54 GMT

I promise to leave LP alone - if he does the same with me.

Is it necessary to make this a conditional promise?  Can't each involved
party rise to the moral high ground and ignore the other?

Call it MAD (mutually assured destruction).

I tend to view myself as LP's "victim" - but then I am a little paranoid. :-)

That comes from driving on the wrong side of the road and using that crazy
metric system of yours. 8^)

Ah Dave – very topical. Thirt years on, some of us Brits have still not went
metric:

Grocer trial told of 'metric threat'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_1120000/1120131.stm

In the US, you have your gun debate – we have this!

Scott A