 Off-Topic / Debate / 8701
  Re: guns, guns, guns (was: demographics (was: My Gun Control Rant))

(...) They are necessary for an armed insurgency. Revolution is a messy term because it has so many contextual meanings. (...) And you would claim that these two nations are exemplars of successful national organization? (...) I'm pretty sure that (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: guns, guns, guns (was: demographics (was: My Gun Control Rant))

(...) Well, I suppose guns are necessary for an insurgency to be armed. They may not be the only effective means of achieving substantial political change; cf feminism for another example. (...) Not necessarily, but that's not my point. Gandhi's (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)