 Off-Topic / Debate / 8650
Re: My Gun Control Rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 08:43:02 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Culberson writes:

Scott A wrote:

How macho. All this gun talk. Try to be constructive Larry.

If you think I am not making a point, just leave me alone.

Scott A

I hate to continue an argument when people start getting personally
offended (a it seems you may be Scott)

Don't worry about me, I'm pretty think skinned. I know Larry tries to wind
me up at times; I don't mind as, in my eyes, it only makes him look silly.

Scott A

, but I have to add my .02 to
Larry here.

What (I think) Larry is saying is that we've discussed the point that
yes, bullets do ricochet, yes, bullets do go through things, and yes,
people do miss with their intended targets depending on a number of
circumstances (user training/experience, alertness, etc etc) - and those
on either side have given their reasons as to why or why not they think
that is a risk worth taking.  What you are doing is essentially stating
what you ORIGINALLY said in a slightly different wording.  As Larry
said, at not point (as far as I/we remember) was anyone disputing your
"facts" - but rather the likelihood of them.

Furthermore I must contend that at no point have I been attempting to be
"macho" by discussing guns - if I wanted to be macho I would discuss how
many guns I own (currently zero), my great level of skill (currently
very low), and draw much attention to myself.

If you would like Larry (or anyone) to "leave you alone", please stop
reading this thread.