 Off-Topic / Debate / 8588
Re: News to get your head spinning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 21:06:05 GMT

Christopher Weeks wrote:

Hi all,

Recently a thread on duped dads sprouted from a news piece.  Wow.  That would
really suck.  How about this one?  I think this sucks too.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/partners/ajc/reports/prostitutes/index.html

Whooeee.... I have a dispute with the last sentence of the article
though:

"It's not the judge's fault. It's not anybody's fault," said Adams of
Victims of Prostitution. "There's just no place for these kids to go."

It's not "not anybody's fault". The fault lies with all of us for
supporting a system which considers it more important to stop
prostitution than to give folks the help they need. The fault lies with
us for not having non-prison alternatives to dealing with children. And
there is almost certainly fault on the part of the parents. Something is
wrong if a 10 year old kid is running away from home AFTER what she had
already gone through.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com