 Off-Topic / Debate / 8583
Re: My Gun Control Rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 20:45:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:

There are niches in firearms too.  And crappy guns sell for a variety of
reasons.  And all of this is good.

In this particular case, I CAN'T agree.  There really is no reason for a • crappy gun
(that's just as liable to injure the user as the target) to exist.

If you're going to buy a gun, you should buy a GOOD one, even if it's used and
rebuilt.

My personal recommendation would be to purchase the gun that is closest to your
ideal and still within your price range.  But I think it's better to have a $50
.32 revolver than nothing.  And a gun has to be pretty screwed up to be "just
as liable to injure the user as the target."  I'm not suggesting that people be
stupid.

Chris