 Off-Topic / Debate / 8580
8579  |  8581
Subject:
how police forces compare internationally? (was Re: My Gun Control Rant)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:24:26 GMT

Note that when I say "particularly ineffective" I'm not claiming "more
ineffective than US police"

Noted. I often wonder how police forces compare internationally. However, I
expect it is a pretty hard thing to do due to cultural differences – this
means that what constitutes a crime may change from state to state (e.g.
trespassing is not illegal in Scotland, but it is in England). Based on
this, if your assertions are based on hard facts, I’d be interested in
learning more.

Scott A