 Off-Topic / Debate / 8554
Re: My Gun Control Rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 09:03:05 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Culberson writes:

Scott A wrote:

What if you miss? Does your shooter have enough power to force a bullet
through wall of your home? What then? The fact is, statistics show that you
are more likely to use your gun on yourself or your family, than you are a
criminal.

Statistics be thrown out the window - if you're in a position where no
matter how bad the argument gets you'll haul a gun on your own family
then gun control isn't going to help -- you can just as easily use
anything else around the house for a weapon even if you're gun is taken
away.  You need proffesional help (or punishment) if you're in that
state of mind.

Let other countries willingly turn themselves into nations of sheep if they
so wish.

Did you fear for your life when you were in the UK last year?

Just because the social situation in the UK isn't currently in a state
where one needs to fear, it doesn't mean that it will always be that
way.

But I think it is that way because there are no/little guns. I am pretty
sure I have seen no more than 5-10 non-military guns in my 32 years here.
All those 5-10 were in the hands of the police.

Scott A