 Off-Topic / Debate / 8511
    California Power "Deregulation" —Larry Pieniazek
   The media in the US are touting the situation in CA as a "failure of deregulation". (URL) is it really? Let's review: Utilities used to produce their own power. But building plants to keep up with demand got hard for them. So some thought to open (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: California Power "Deregulation" —Frank Filz
     Hm, this is starting to sound a bit like what happened to the power company in New Hampshire. They started to build a nuke plant which Massachusetts kept from opening (one strategy was to refuse to create an evacuation plan). The power company was (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: California Power "Deregulation" —Mark Sandlin
   (...) <snip> What's really fun about all this is that my power bill in WA is going way up because our power companies want to sell our power to CA. They're calling it a "shortage," however. There are all sorts of advertisements on the radio and TV (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)