 Off-Topic / Debate / 831
Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 15:29:55 GMT

John Neal wrote:

If I may jump in to interject my 2 slugs worth;-)  I don't know if the
Constitution guarantees the right to possess *guns* per say, merely to "bear
arms".  Suppose technology creates a Star Trekkian phaser capable of merely
stunning an attacker?  How does that affect how we view killing?  *Everyone* would
be armed and capable to defend themselves against deadly force *without* the use
of deadly force.

What's to stop someone from stunning me first, then taking a rock and killing me?
Besides, in the great wisdom of our leaders, current stun guns are illegal.  (note
heavy sarcasm).

Arm everyone with non lethal weapons, and crime *will* go down.  Create a stun gun
that works from a distance, give one to everyone, ban *all* traditional firearms,
and see what happens:-)

Taser.  Currently banned in most locales.

Then the current 'evil' of other countries could come in and take us over.  I don't
see
the type of technology that will allow for this anytime in the near future.

--
Lee Jorgensen, Programmer/Analyst - Bankoe Systems, Inc.
mailto:jorgensen@bankoe.moc  <-- reverse moc