 Off-Topic / Debate / 8296
Re: Nature of man (was Re: Problems with Christianity)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:24:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:

Here's my somewhat final word on this:
People of Faith "have faith" that they KNOW the Truth, and nothing others say
will change their mind (not a single Christian in here has even remotely
acknowledged that Buddhists or other religions MAY be right and Christianity
wrong).

Bzzt, wrong.  Thanks for playing, though.

I think "not a single christian in here" is pretty strong.

But I'll go  "very few in here and proportionally even less in the general
population".

The only christian *here* i've seen explicitly acknowledge (and integrate
into their arguments) that other religions *might* be right would be Frank
F. And most of the rest of the christians think he isn't christian.

Other christians may think they've said that but they didn't say it crisply
enough for me to remember it. But then, I'm on a crispness crusade right
now. Crisp is good, we don't see enough of it around here.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, though.

<Insert Bill F. saying "don't judge christianity by what its adherents do or
say or claim they believe, judge it for what it *is*" (as if you could tell
without referring to any evidence)>

++Lar