 Off-Topic / Debate / 8134
Re: Problems with Christianity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 07:50:33 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bill Farkas writes:

[The pope's]

even more recent statement that believing in Christ is not
necessary as long as you're a decent person.

Fascinating! Can you provide a cite?

Maybe the pope is catholic(1) after all :-)

1 - in the secular meaning of catholic

++Lar

Here's what I found, I believe this is what the radio program was referring to:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Ithaca/3251/genjp2000.html

In particular, the second paragraph. I haven't read the whole thing yet, but
that's what all the hallaballoo is about.

Bill