 Off-Topic / Debate / 8055
Re: Polyamory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 19:56:16 GMT

Lorbaat wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:

When was the last time anyone was convicted of them, though?  When was the
last
time someone was *arrested* for them?

Happens all the time, as do convictions.  They just don't make the news much.

Really?  Then it shouldn't be much work for you to actually answer my question
and point to a case where someone was arrested and convicted of one of these
acts (and NOT for prostitution).

Read
Playboy (I do.  Hell yes I look at the pictures, but there's a lot of good
reading
there!), they bring up the ridiculous nature of some of these morality laws
all the
time.

Yes, stupid blue laws still on the books can be amusing.

They're not amusing when you are the one being prosecuted.  Many of the stories in
there aren't "look at this stupid law noone enforces", they are "I can't believe
they ARE enforcing this law on Mr/Mrs. X".

I HAVE had those
strong feelings for 2 people at once before.

Really?  And did you pursue it?  What happened, in the end?

I married one.  If polygamy were legal, who knows, I might have married BOTH.

Note that I am NOT saying that all monogamous relationships are
automatically
more meaningful than any open relationships, even.

Definitely not.  I have seen too many hollow, sham monogamous relationships.
Better to just come out with it and admit polyamory.

Absolutely.

Once again, don't make the mistake of thinking I'm saying polyamory=bad or
polyamory=wrong or anything like that.  What 3 (or four, or five, or 30)
consenting adults get up to is their own business.

I wouldn't consider myself a polyamorist, but I wouldn't completely deny the
possibility either.

The possibility of what, exactly?  Having feelings for more than one person at
a time?

Definitely not, as I have done so before.  But I also wouldn't deny the
possibility of taking it further than JUST having the feelings.

Did I say I didn't beleive in the possibility of that, either?  I don't think
so.

eric