 Off-Topic / Debate / 8042
Re: Polyamory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 17:39:57 GMT

Out of curiosity, Kevin, do you think it's impossible to find such a
person?  Or, conversely, do you think it's possible to find any combination
of people to meet ALL of one's needs?  Is it even necessary that ALL needs
be met?

I think that the reason we surround ourselves with social relationships of
various kinds is to satisfy needs.  (Needs in the soft sense, really more
appropriately called desires.)  I agree with Kevin that it is highly unlikely
that anyone ever finds one person who satisfies all those needs.  And it is
foolish to force yourself into this arbitrary moral framework that insists that
monogamy is the only right way of doing it.  Why not open yourself up to
multiple lovers?

Chris