 Off-Topic / Debate / 789
Re: Animal reproduction (was (of course?) Terms and Conditions Question)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 19:58:48 GMT

Christopher L. Weeks <c576653@cclabs.missouri.edu> wrote in message

This _may_ be, and I understand the style and its purpose, but since • the
conversation is about personal motivation for animals to engage in
homosexual behavior, that frame of reference is inappropriate.

Hardly.  The original hypothesis floated here was that animals engage
in homosexual behavior, thus humans have some sort of natural
justification for such behavior.  Determining what motivates an animal
to have sex is crucial to the hypothesis.

When animals have sex it may feel good.  But the animals are running
around thinking "mate mate mate mate" and not philosophizing about the
joys of sex.  For me, this is a clear distinction between having sex
out of animal instinct (pleasureable or not) and having sex for
pleasure.

I don't know of any male animal that prefers sex with males over
females, which is what homosexuality is about.  It's a mindset and a
way of life that claims this behavior is natural and acceptable, not
just an act.  Animals can't function on that level; animals are driven
by hormones and nothing else and are just horny as hell when they
engage (if they do) in homosexual acts.  I don't know if homosexuals
want their behavior deemed little more than animal lust that they
can't direct towards females.  Pointing to animals for support doesn't
work.

Jesse

Jesse The Jolly Jingoist
Looking for answers?