 Off-Topic / Debate / 7862
Re: Critical Thinking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 21:23:02 GMT

John Neal wrote:

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" wrote:

John Neal wrote:

Maybe Pascal's wager is a valid bet as construed (it isn't) and I am gonna
be sorry as I suffer at the hands of a god who isn't satisfied by internal
goodness, he wants groveling (abasement by admitting original sin, and
worship of a particular form).

Puh-leeze give up on your tired assertions that God requires groveling, etc.  For
someone who doesn't even believe in God, you sure seem to know a lot about what God
requires/wants (which you obviously don't).

You know no better than Larry.  I seriously doubt God (IF he exists) tapped you on the
shoulder and told you exactly what he requires.

I think He (Jesus) made it perfectly clear as recorded in the Gospels.

The Bible was written BY MEN.  I refuse to believe that your God would have tapped people on
the shoulder 2K years ago, and NO other time in history.

Do you believe EVERYTHING written by men?  Doubtful.  So why believe something written by
many men, with inconsistencies throughout, that was written 2K years ago?