 Off-Topic / Debate / 773
Re: Terms and Conditions Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 16:07:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Steve Bliss writes:
On Mon, 10 May 1999 22:21:10 GMT, "James Brown"
<galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote:

2: Sorry if that's a bit caustic.  I'm starting to get tired of over a decade
of prejudice towards gamers(3), and it bubbles to the top every once in a
while.

I believe we're at more than 2 decades now.  Most people (around here,
anyway) first heard of RPGs (D&D, probably) when a kid disappeared while
playing a re-enactment type game.

Oh, we are beyond two decades indeed - I was refering to me, specifically -
I've only been gaming for...(quick mental math)17 years(1), so I haven't hit
my 2 decade mark yet.

3: Oh my god!  sometimes I wear a trenchcoat too!

I heard someone was calling for school dress codes banning trenchcoats.
How facist.

Guns don't kill people.  Trenchcoats kill people.(2)

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

1:And to be honest, the first couple years can only technically be called
gaming, and the prejudice was mostly other elementary kids who thought we were
wierd.  And no, I don't have any elaborate plans to avenge myself on them.(2)

2:Wow, I'm feeling caustic today.  I guess a large part of it is that I get so
freakin' tired of how this stuff gets blown out of proportion.