 Off-Topic / Debate / 7641
Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:21:15 GMT

Here is where I think the "intellectuals" stumble:  Say for argument's sake that
there actually is a God who created us all.  This God is unseen because it is
infinite and cannot be comprehended by finite beings.  Now, how could an
intellectual or a scientist ever hope to believe this God exists?  Because they
can only know to be true what they can prove.  God by definition is unprovable,
but scientists insist upon applying the scientific method to everything.  Their
own intellect becomes their stumbling block.  To intellectuals and scientists:
face it, in the big scheme of things, you don't know kaka from kuchen (not that
anyone else does, but we don't really think we do either).

-John

Idunno, my mother was a Darwinfish-carrying physical anthropologist who
believed in God.

Bruce