 Off-Topic / Debate / 7617
Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:11:33 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John Neal pollutes the libertarian debate part
of our regularly scheduled ranting with god debate stuff: (grin)

God acts in the world through His people.  If I as a Christian give to
a charity, then that charity has been blessed by God (through me).  If
I as a Christian enact a series of events which prevent a war or some
other catastrophe, it is God who is ultimately the reason.  I do good
things because I am actively called to do good things, not because of
some altruistic impulse (although I am not sure of the
origin of such impulses in atheists-- perhaps they are from God?)

Reductio ad absurdium:

Lehman acts in the world through his people. If I as a LUGNet user give to a
science fiction convention organizing fund to foster a Brikwars game, then
that con has been blessed by Lehman (through me). If I as a Lego Fan enact a
series of events which make a newsgroup more fun, or custom models easier to
obtain or models wider, yea, verily, unto 8 wide, it is Lehman who is
ultimately the reason. I do fun things because I am actively called by
Lehman to do fun things, not because of some inner sense of humor. (although
I am not sure where the worshipers of MegaBloks get their ability to tell
jokes-- perhaps the jokes are from Lehman even though he says he reviles
clones? (but loves the sinner nonetheless and thus grants them a boon))

++Lar

Todd bless you, brother..:-) We all believe in Todd, don't we?..

Selçuk