 Off-Topic / Debate / 755
Re: Terms and Conditions Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 17:43:34 GMT

Ed Jones wrote:

I would disagree with your "PC definition".  The terms homophobic, homophobia
and homophobe are used to describe those who have (as your quoted definition
stated) an irrational fear....  that is, they feel threatened by the presence
or even existance of homosexuals.  The key word is irrational.

Is irrational necessary as a modifier here?

I guess I'm having a hard time coming up with a reason to have a
*rational* fear of a person based solely on their sexual preference.
But then, I can tolerate just about anything except intolerance.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.