 Off-Topic / Debate / 7300
Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:06:38 GMT

"John Neal" <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message
news:3A109829.C775CFF0@uswest.net...

Christopher Weeks wrote:

If, as a
responsible adult, one chooses to use drugs, who then is to blame?

No one.  If they are responsible adults, there is no blame to assign. • They are
using whatever drugs as they wish.

I was hoping for the "no one to blame but themselves" response.  "no one" • makes it
sound like it isn't the individual's responsibility.

-John

The problem, John, is assigning blame.  Do you blame yourself for eating
dinner?  Do you blame yourself (or your parents) for the job you have?  It's
not a matter of blame, it's a matter of choice.  In the USA, our choices in
this matter are severely and unjustly (for the fans of justice among us)
limited.  Making choices is a big part of being a responsible adult.  Scott
Arthur enjoys not having that responsibilty to contend with.  I wonder what
other of his own responsibilities he'd be willing to give to someone else?