 Off-Topic / Debate / 6986
    Re: Something not right about Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads? —Josh Spaulding
   Glad to read your post, Chris. We've got some disagreements, but I was mainly concerned that my tone would come off as condescending or insulting. Many discussions have shown that people can interpret animousity where non is intended in these (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Something not right about Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads? —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) Even if you do, I can deal with it. :-) (...) is (...) hold? (...) it (...) I sort of meant lucky for him. That is most especially, the him that would be if he were a sentient. (...) The archetype behind the Jar-jar character is human. When we (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Something not right about Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads? —Dave Schuler
     (...) For rhetorical purposes I will discuss this as though you were yourself a fictional character, since I cannot evaluate your real-world psychology. My impression from what you've presented is that, during your teen years, you were lashing out (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Something not right about Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads? —Josh Spaulding
   (...) Yes, thanks. By generalizing, you're shifting a beaten argument (by me as much as anyone) about a specific instance into a more socially relevant conversation. (...) On one level, I think it's important for us to understand as a society (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Something not right about Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads? —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) I think that is worthy of research. (...) Me too. :-) I'm the proud owner of most of Tarantino's works on laser disc. (...) When you first took in a "cinematic bloodbath" were you shocked, horrified, impressed, etc. more than you are now? As (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)