 Off-Topic / Debate / 6471
Re: What Egyptians think of us....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 19:57:29 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Rick Hallman writes:
A recent disccussion from my English Teacher's old professor on visiting
Egypt...

Upon meeting the college-level students at Cario U. he asked them what they
thought of the U.S.A... they fuilled the whole 10' by 5' board. He asked if
they could condense it, they got it to half. After a while of condensing they
got it to THREE words...

1) Violent!
2) Materialistic!
3) Arrogant!

Now, how would we defend ourselves against this? Remember on 60 Minutes upon
asking Elian Gonzalas's father about freedom, he said what is freedom? Freedom
is that freedom in america is about bringing a gun to school.

Rick

Wow, a professor who encourages his students to jam an entire country into a
three word stereotype. There's only one word for that: Sad.

Violent? It's all in your point of view. I think Rwanda and Bosnia are violent.

Gonzalas was wrong about that freedom thing.

Now I'm off to buy more cars, because I deserve them more than you do. ;^D

-A