 Off-Topic / Debate / 6232
Re: Responsible Hunting (was Re: We are what we eat. Or is that "whom we eat?")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 06:49:56 GMT

Christopher Weeks wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Chris Maddison writes:

<snip>

Hunting is about pride, commitment, and above all else, respect and
responsibility.

Heh!..

<snip>

No, above all, it's about leaving your home, going to the home of a creature
much less inteligent than yourself, tracking it down (or just hanging out and
waiting for one to wander by, more likely) and killing it.  You might take
pride in your ability and commitment, and you might respect the deer for dying
like a scared wild animal, and you might actually believe the nonsense about
being responsible and it being for the good of the species.  But above all of
that, it's about killing.

Yes, and it's about killing for pleasure and enjoyment. (look at the
quotes below)

<snip>

But, for the responsible hunter, the whole experience is great.

<snip>

It's very fun, and recreational.  Sure, it's not fun for the animal, granted.

<snip>

Overall, I hunt because I enjoy it, and choose to.

<snip>

You all get my point.

Yes, completely...:-)

Selçuk