 Off-Topic / Debate / 6023
Re: This will get someone upset...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 19:04:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Hylands writes:
Hi Marc,

It's interesting you chose to email me directly and not post
this on Lugnet. Damn I just read your signature.  This makes
sense.  It says you're in Canada!

Actually I sent to you directly and CC'd lugnet.off-topic.debate@lugnet.com.

Another example of why this cc'ing of people is such an obnoxious habit. It
confuses and adds no value if you're a frequent reader of the groups. (I rail
against it whenever I get a chance, I really wish people would stop doing it.
It's a much bigger tragedy than bloated sigs)

Check your headers. I removed the others (lugnet.admin.terms@lugnet.com and
lugnet.faq@lugnet.com) because I didn't feel it was appropriate.

I think you could make an argument for .admin.terms but it's a stretch. .faq is
way unneeded. I would suggest that if and when some consensus is reached here
that it be crossposted back to terms but would encourage everyone to snip their
followups back to just off-topic.debate, as Dave did. And I hang my head in
sheepishness that I didn't do that the first time.

++Lar (who could put his geek code here to bulk up his sig... is *THAT* OK?
It's after all, a form of bragging, I guess)