 Off-Topic / Debate / 599
Re: Mini Auction - 6273 - Rock Island Refuge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 02:17:39 GMT

Steve Scott <sls@jane-villa.demon.co.uk> wrote:
perhaps I should have said - set up your stall on the sidewalk outside his
shop window.

That wouldn't work either.  Either he owns the sidewalk (unlikely) or
you'd need to get a license to operate a street vending business,
something I doubt you could get.

Exactly the point I was making.  I'm glad you agree at last.

Not agreeing at all.

You tried to construct this straw man to justify your "ownership" of a
thread and your reaction to someone else posting to it in what you
viewed as competition with your auction.

You don't own the thread.  The toyshop owner may or may not own the
sidewalk (he does own the window in your original attempt).  The
hypothetical competitor would probably have to get a license to
operate a business on the sidewalk, not because it is in front of a
toy store, but because it's on the sidewalk.

I can post responses to any of your threads, either to offer up
discussion or competition with your auctions, _without_ a license.
I'm FREE to do so.

Nice case of lastworditis you have, though.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Focused discussion groups for LEGO fans worldwide