 Off-Topic / Debate / 5842
Re: OK, lets take it to Off Topic.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 23:26:45 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Yes, in a Star Wars merchandising debate, as in I don't the dog should have
been in the commericals of promoting Star Wars merchandise, but not in a
"the dog is racist because he has a mexican /
spanish / latin accent". That belongs in off-topic.debate.

  In the pure sense, you're right--especially since I wasn't really serious.
However, if the debate involves the apparent double standard of decrying the
stereotyping of Star Wars aliens vs. the allegedly delightful dog, then I'd
still say it's got a place in lugnet.starwars.  But I see you're
point--followups to debate!

     Dave!