 Off-Topic / Debate / 5788
  Re: personal responsibility (was:Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)

(...) I agree that the speeder was responsible for the accident, but while I can point to ways that your friend's behavior could have avoided it, I can claim that he shares responsibility. (I realize that this is not an argument against what you've (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: personal responsibility (was:Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)

(...) True, but surely you realize that this is every bit as absurd as my infant- stomping example from my earlier post. He could have been driving a tank. He could have demolished every car driving over the hill. He could have posted a sentry at (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)