 Off-Topic / Debate / 5606
Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 11:15:05 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ed Jones writes:
[snip a bunch a debate bait]

But I won't bother debating this with you further as you seem to hold the
opinion that those with AIDS should have known better, deserve their fate so
let them die.  It is an inhumane statement of the "80's ME" generation.

Who says you've *been* debating? Not me. What you've been doing is ducking.

Let's be perfectly clear, you've decided to dodge discussion on what the
appropriate funding level for research is in our mixed economy because you're
convinced that the disease that impacts you the worst is most important and
you're not interested in hearing any different facts.

In order to complete your dodge, you're trying to paint those people who don't
just automatically go along with your priority viewpoint as "heartless". Is
that it?

What a crock. But it's the typical bleeding heart response to reality, dodge
the facts and accuse the other side of not caring. I reject that, you can't
have the sanction of the victim in this case.

I care more than you do, my friend. I care so much about my fellow man that I
want things to be done by the use of reason and the rule of law instead of the
use of pathos and the rule of guns. I know that's a hard concept for you to
grasp, but there it is. I'm more compassionate than you are because I've got a
better grasp of the bigger picture.

++Lar