 Off-Topic / Debate / 5018
Re: Talk about capital punishment!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 23:31:29 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Simpson writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bill Farkas writes:
As one who has worked for the State of Florida DOC, the inmates
hate child molesters/murderers - they get a very rough ride (pun intended).

I've heard that child molestors get the works in prison, but I've always
wondered how the general prison pop. knows what anyone in particular is • actually
in for.  Do the gaurds basically put the word out for sport when a molestor
comes in?

Prison society is more complex than you could ever imagine. If there's
something to be known they can find it out - even about the officers. Usually,
an inmate will be involved with some office staffer who tells the inmate, who
in turn uses the information in exchange for favors or goods. Sometimes an
officer is their source - for info and even drugs.

Bill