 Off-Topic / Debate / 4911
    Re: Website —Jeremy H. Sproat
   (...) 2 reasons come to me right away: Case sensitivity contributes to a faster and less-buggy environment. If you need to match a string against a set of possible matches (e.g. looking for a file in the directory, or looking for a variable in a (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Website —Steve Bliss
   (...) That one I'll give you. Then again, I use a development which supports case-insensitive text matching. Which is definitely a double-edged sword. (...) Nah. You only get to store one of those files in a single directory. And if you're looking (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)