 Off-Topic / Debate / 4903
Re: Trying to understand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 20:06:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Dan,

Once more, how is selling you a trigger lock with your gun restricting your • gun
rights?

How can requiring gun manufacturers, providing this gun lock, making the
consumer pay more (I don't care how "cheap" it is, this is used for
taxes as well, and I don't buy it), and them going in the trash, going
to solve anything?

It's not the solution to the bigger problem, but I don't see how it's a bad
idea. Are you railing against the seatbelts in your car because they impede
your movement when you're driving and trying to change the radio station? It's
a part of the car now. If you don't like them, don't use them. It's the same
way with the trigger lock. If you don't like it, don't use it. Just be aware
that my kids (when I eventually have them) won't be over to your house to play
if I know that you have an unsecured weapon.

Bad legislation, ignorant politicians, bad law,
enforce the laws there already.  Where will it stop? Just ban guns, and
then, all the murders, killings of kids, etc., will magically disappear,
right?

That won't stop and probably never will so long as humans live.

Why don't we just give all of our property to the government,
sign over our souls to them, and worship them, because, then and only
then, we will be safe, and so will the children.

Scott S.

-Duane