 Off-Topic / Debate / 4808
Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 12:02:30 GMT

Bill Farkas wrote:
Assuming that God is in
fact real, a person's disbelief doesn't render Him powerless over that
individual. Again, that's assuming that God is real.

At last, something I can agree with. This is most certainly true.
(reminder, accepting the truth of "If A then B" does NOT imply the truth
of A)

Bill, there isn't much common ground between us, though, as other
posters have explained quite well. The fact that you've heard voices,
and that you've thus decided to accept eyewitness accounts as
authoritative is well and good for you, but carries no water for me.

As I've said, if a thing has no effect on the tangible universe, and
can't be proven one way or another, it doesn't matter one way or another
if it's true. So I go for the simple explanation, knowing full well that
if god is as you say he is, I risk my mortal soul. But, since god also
has implications I don't care for, I choose not to rub blue mud in my
belly button. I'd rather be damned that worship a god (and subscribe to
a belief system) I feel is evil.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!