 Off-Topic / Debate / 4658
4657  |  4659
Subject:
What is the meaning of life? (was: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 05:20:26 GMT

Peter Callaway wrote:
and all there will be to show for a lifetime of thoughts, experiences, >opinions, relationships and good and bad deeds will be a handfull of >ashes.

I don't agree.

*I* won't be here any more, but I will live on in the memories of people
whose lives I've touched, in my daughter's genes and any descendents she
may have, in what I've written (however long that may last), in what
I've built (ditto), etc etc. See, my take on "what we're here for" is
"to leave the world better than I found it". If I can do that, (and much
of what I do in life comes down to that), then I have something
worthwhile to show for my life.

Kevin
--
Personal Lego Web page: