 Off-Topic / Debate / 4615
  Re: memes (Was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

No, I never did reveal it because no one ever gave it much of a try. Frank is correct in his identification. I'd posit that more people use XEDIT without realising it than any other text editor anywhere, and that will remain true (by a careful (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: memes (Was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

(...) Of course the average IBMer doesn't use XEDIT (in any guise) much anymore. We use Lotus Notes for e-mail (now there's something to debate on...). Frank (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: memes (Was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

(...) Ugh. I absolutely hate maintaining a Notes Server. And until recently, the client was incredibly horrible. Both scored negative points with me in terms of user-friendliness and flexability. But: I understand that, using the right combination (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: memes (Was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

Every Notes installation I've ever seen in real life (outside of IBM, that is) (and I've seen a bunch, trust me) always seemed to have a PROFS installation running somewhere too, for calendaring. Dunno why. I digress... PROFS is just a shell on top (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)