 Off-Topic / Debate / 4582
Re: Is God a He, a She, or an It? (was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 06:02:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman writes:
  He  / She  / It   =>  God
  Him / Her  / It   =>  God
  His / Hers / Its  =>  God's

Is that the best way then?

Unlike *some people* :) I don't speak for all Christians, but IMHO that's the
best way.

BTW, what is the canonical second-person form for God?  Are we allowed to
call Him "you"?  Or must we say "You"?  Or "Sir"?  Or "His Holiness"?  Are
we allowed to use the second-person form?

I think "you" is fine, though I think I'd personally go with the capitalized
"You".  Jesus, in several places "I thank you, Father..."

Satan says "your" in Job 2:4, so if you'd rather have your source from
somewhere other than Jesus, then there you go. :)

Ben Roller