 Off-Topic / Debate / 4396
Re: Mormon bashing again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 16:08:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ben Roller writes:
Last recorded words of the Columbine killers, "We are going to a better
place." Not the words of atheists. • ...
I didn't mention christian.  It makes them religious.  You were indicating
that they did what they did because they lacked religion.

Maybe they thought that life was so terrible that death was better than the
hell that was their life.  For some people nowhere is a better place.

Not that I think they were non-religious, I just don't think that their
statement "proves" it.  It's hard for me to imagine what religion they • believed
in that meant they were going to a better place.

Ben Roller

A valid oservation.  You may well be right, but then they were pretty messed up
to do what they did.  Logical thought doesn't seem to have been their long
suit.  I do think it indicates that they weren't raised in a religious vacumn.

Bruce