 Off-Topic / Debate / 3875
Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 01:36:22 GMT

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:05:22 GMT, Christopher Weeks
<clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote:

The judegements were too small to make the company take notice, but not
too small to make individuals take notice.  If the CEO had been hit with
a multi-million dollar fine, they would have made some changes.

You know what _really_ bugs me about US lawsuits? Punitive damages.

The whole _concept_ is just utterly asinine.

Fines, if any are necessary, should be _fines_, and therefore payable
to the government, not J Random Victim.

Jasper